8.12.2010

Traditional or Digital?

I had heartache when my friends wanted to try out Digital Scrapbooking for the first time. Yuck! Flat printed pages!?  I was a good sport and went to a friends house and was taught the basics... then the presenter showed us some of her pages printed... and that was when my heart changed! She held up two pages that were exactly alike... but one was digital and one was paper! and they seriously looked identical.. (The digital one did have a little bit straighter 'cuts' but the flowers looked exactly the same - REAL)...

I have been hooked ever since! Here are some of things about digital that I consider GOLD...

- CHEAPER - You can get a whole kit for the price of one piece of traditional cardstock! And a lot of stuff is FREE! I also find great deals on printing my pages and print for about $.99 per page!

- CLEANER - No more cluttering your kitchen table or storing piles of paper and die cuts and ribbons and ... you know what I mean! With digital... I just shut down my computer and it's all cleaned up. I still satisfy my buying needs and horde tons of scrapbook supplies that I "just have to have" but it is stored on a 4x5inch external hard drive!

- SAFER - For lack of a better word right now... your supplies and Layouts are considered safe (be sure you are backing everything up). I love knowing that if there is a fire or something.. I just need to make sure I grab my external hard drive.. If one of my kids is looking at their scrapbook and a page tears or something is spilled on it or some freak thing happens... no worries! I can print another one!

- I CAN SHARE - By Share, I mean show my family and friends that may not be able to sit here in my living room and browse them.. Easily upload my layouts to my blog, facebook and/or online gallery for easy viewing!

There are sooo many things I love! 
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT SCRAPBOOKING?  Digital or Traditional!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...